To provide and promote a proactive Ranger and community information service in the form of community education with limited implementation of Shire laws relevant to Coral Bay in accordance with Council Policy.
Key Objectives and Responsibilities:
To ensure compliance with local authority's statutory requirements under the Local Laws and Regulations that include:
- Local Government Act
- Bush Fires Act
- Dog Act
- Cat Act
- Control of Off-Road Vehicles Act
- Litter Act
- Caravan and Camping Grounds Act
- Local laws, regulations and acts which are enacted or adopted from time to time, are met.
Undertake regular inspection of coastal reserves and tourist destinations within Coral Bay and its environs and ensure that Council's facilities are provided and maintained in good and serviceable condition at all times.
Conduct patrols and surveillance as directed.
Notifying the Coordinator Rangers Services of contraventions under the Dog Act and Cat Act, unauthorised dogs, roaming dogs, dog attacks and the like.
Undertake other duties as relevant to the position and, from time to time, as directed by the Executive Manager Development Services or Coordinator Rangers Services. Ensure all relevant databases are updated and accurate.
- Take personal responsibility and collaborate with others in applying skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrate a willingness to be flexible and fit into a variety of roles to meet the organisations operational requirements.
- Other duties as directed.
- Comply with all relevant legislative and regulatory requirements, including Shire policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate safety leadership and maintain a safe work environment.
- Flexibility to work out of core business hours according to operational requirements.
Employees may be required to undertake other duties within the limits of their skill, competence and training consistent with their band level in any area of the organisation.
Successful applicants are required to complete a pre-employment medical, provide and alcohol and other drugs sample prior to appointment.
It is in the best interest of the applicant to address the selection criteria.
1. Essential Qualifications and Experiences
- a) Available authorised accommodation at Coral Bay for the period of employment (There is no accommodation provided for this position).
- b) Excellent time management skills.
- c) High level of written and verbal communication
- d) High level of public relations and interpersonal skills.
- e) Developed negotiating skills.
- f) Current “C” class motor drivers licence
- g) A current nation police clearance (to be submitted upon appointment to the position).
- h) Physical fitness at a standard to carry out the duties of a Ranger
- i) One-year experience in local law enforcement and/or community education
2. Desirable Criteria
- a) Qualifications in Municipal Law “A” and “B”
- b) Developed knowledge of Dog Act, Bushfires Act, Off Road Act, Litter Act and Local Government Act.
- c) Sound knowledge of Coral Bay and its environs.
- d) Developed record keeping skills.
All enquiries and expressions of interest can be emailed through to firstname.lastname@example.org