Parking in the Shire of Carnarvon
Various parking facilities are provided throughout the Shire of Carnarvon. All designated parking areas and bays are free. There are Local Laws relating to unlawful parking which are enforced by the Shire’s Rangers.
It is requested that all parking is contained within designated parking areas and bays, and within the requirements of the Local Laws.
||All parking with the ACROD sign is designated for people with a disability and have an ACROD permit visible on the vehicle dash. You might also like to consider this additional reminder about the importance of keeping ACROD bays available for those who need them most.
Parking on footpaths, median strips and roundabouts
Footpaths are for the safe passage of pedestrians and are commonly shared with wheelchair users and parents with prams. You are not allowed to park your vehicle or any part of your vehicle on or over a footpath as this will cause an obstruction.
It is also unacceptable to park a vehicle on a median strip, traffic island or roundabout. These controls divide traffic to make driving on busy roads safer.
Parking Fines and Infringements
Receiving a parking infringement is not something that anyone enjoys and, in many cases, the fine can be avoided.
Enforcement is the last resort in the Shire’s effort to ensure that it is as easy as possible for everybody to park and move around throughout the Shire.
A few simple tips will help you to avoid incurring a fine:
- Ensure that you carefully read and follow any parking signs.
- Refrain from parking in No Stopping areas, No Parking areas, Loading Zones, in Bus Stops and bays.
- Do not park on a verge where signage prohibits the action, on verges without permission from the property owner, in bays for other types of vehicles (e.g. motorcycles, bicycles, taxis), in rights of way, in a way that obstructs a driveway or footpath or facing against the traffic flow.
- Ensure you have parked your vehicle within the lines or area permitted.
- If you have a current ACROD permit ensure it is clearly visible.
- Parking the same as another illegally parked vehicle does not make you exempt from an infringement notice.