- Monday – Friday from 8.00am to 5.00pm Ph: (08) 9941 0022
- Saturday – Sunday Limited hours Ph: 0408 942 945 Please leave a message and a Ranger will get back to you as soon as possible.
Rangers are not available out of hours, if an emergency, please contact Emergency Services on 000. Any non emergency situations can be attended to the following week day.
Coral Bay – Part time Ranger Ph: 0427 816 602
- Monday – Friday times will vary depending upon the extent of the tourist season.
If the Rangers are busy on a call out, they will not answer immediately or are out of phone reception range.
Rangers are not Animal Welfare Inspectors. Should you have any animal welfare concerns, please contact the RSPCA Phone: (08) 9209 9300
Ranger Services – Providing quality service to the Community
Rangers provide a number of important services to the local community and visitors to the Shire of Carnarvon.
- Control of off road vehicle including unregistered motor bikes
- Dog & cat management -including trapping, wandering, barking and dog attacks
- Snake and reptile removal
- Illegal Camping – no free camping in Shire of Carnarvon
- Blowholes & Bush Bay campsite
- Abandoned vehicles
- Illegal parking – within gazetted parking plan
- Illegal dumping/littering
- Fire hazard reduction
- Fire break inspection
- Fire permits
- Community Education
All dogs and cats MUST be registered and micro-chipped. Registration can be made at the Shire Office with proof of microchip and/or steralisation. Cats MUST be steralised.
Dogs must be kept on leash unless at designated Dog Exercise areas. As the Shire of Carnarvon has many pastoral leases, 1080 bait is used in the area and is fatal to dogs and cats. This includes campsites, road side parking and rest areas.
Fire permits are required from 1st November until 30th April (inclusive). Please call if you are unsure of burning off process.
Acts and Regulations
Cat Act 2011 – [00-c0-01]
Dog Act 1976 – [05-g0-03]
Control of Vehicles (Off-road Areas) Act 1978 – [05-a0-02]
Litter Act 1979 – [05-e0-02]
Caravan Parks and Camping Grounds Act 1995
Road Traffic Code 2000 Part 12: Stopping & Parking
Local Government Act 1995
Miscellaneous Provisions 1995
Bush Fire Act 1954