The Government of Western Australia provides a rebate to persons who meet the eligibility criteria set out under the Rates and Charges (Rebates and Deferments) Act 1992.

The rebate is applicable to rates and the emergency services levy; There is no rebate on rubbish or other service charges.

Register your Entitlement

An application for the rebate can be made at the Water Corporation website online -

The Water Corporation will then forward the application to the Shire of Carnarvon for processing.

Are you eligible for a Pensioner or Seniors rate rebate?

If you hold one of the following cards, are a property owner, and were living at that property as your "ordinary place of residence" at July 1 of the rating year, you may be eligible for a State Government rebate on your Rates and Emergency Services Levy.

  • Pensioner Concession Card;
  • WA State Seniors Card;
  • Commonwealth Seniors Health Card and WA State Seniors Card; or
  • State Concession Card

Pensioner Rate Rebate

Pensioners, Commonwealth Seniors and State Concessional Card holders may be entitled to a rates rebate of up to 50% (to a maximum of $750) plus 50% rebate on Emergency Services levy.

Senior Rate Rebate

WA Senior Card holders may be entitled to a rates rebate of 25%, (to a maximum of $100) plus 25% rebate on Emergency Services levy.

Rates Rebate Cap

If the calculated rates rebate is less than the capped amount, then the lesser amount applies.

There is no cap on the Emergency Services Levy.

A pro-rata rebate may be available from the date of registration to Pensioners and Seniors who become eligible after 1 July of the rating year.